In May 2018, the Data Protection Act (DPA) will be replaced by the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Tradeglass UK has trading names and websites Balustrader.com & Theelegancerange.co.uk
Tradeglass UK will never request information from you which is excessive for our purposes. Tradeglass UK will only hold data for as long as necessary for the purposes for which it was collected, or in accordance with any retention period described by law.
What this policy covers
The data controller is Tradeglass UK , referred to in this policy as “we” or “us”.
This policy sets out;
• What information we collect from you
• How we collect your information
• Why we collect your information
• How we protect your information
• Your rights and consent
• How to contact us
This policy applies to you if you hold an account with us, purchase goods from us or use our services. This means it applies if you:
• Open a trade account with us
• Purchase goods from us over the phone
• Purchase goods from us via email
• Purchase goods from us via fax
• Have expressed interest in our products or services, by either signing up for our newsletter, having had a visit from one of our sales managers, or if you have contacted us about our services via telephone, email or fax.
• Have visited our website at any point
What information do we collect?.
Information we receive from you:
We will receive personal information such as your name, company name, position, email address, telephone number, company address, and if applicable your bank or card details for payment of orders.
Information we collect from you:
The information we collect online is contact and marketing information so that we can provide you with an efficient service. Website usage information is collected via cookies and Google analytics.
How do we collect it?
We obtain it either directly from yourself when you complete our account application form, when you use the contact us form on our website, give your information to one of regional sales managers, or when you email us or telephone us directly. We may also collect your information, with your permission, from trade shows we exhibit at.
Why do we collect the information?
• We need to process your personal data so that we can manage your customer account, provide you with the goods and services we think are maybe of interest to you, and with information on products you may want to buy and help you with any orders you may ask for.
• In processing your account application we may send your details to, and also use information from credit reference agencies and fraud prevention agencies.
• We collect this information to be able to contact you with applicable and relevant information regarding our goods and services.
• For our Internal record keeping.
• We may use the information to improve our products and services.
• We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
• From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
• We collect information via our website to monitor customer traffic patterns and site usage to help us develop the design and layout of the site.
If you would rather not receive any forms of marketing information from us, please let us know by clicking the unsubscribe button on our emails, by emailing us directly, or by calling our office.
Tradeglass UK will not trade, share or sell your personal information to others.
How do we protect your information?
We endeavour to protect your information in the following ways:
(a) we will not request information which is excessive for our purposes.
(b) try, with your assistance, to keep any information we hold about you up to date and accurate.
(c) delete any information which we hold about you which is no longer relevant, within a reasonable period of the date, such information becomes no longer necessary for our purposes.
(d) protect your data against unauthorised use.
Your rights and consent.
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold on you at any time. Please write, email or call us (our contact details are below).
You can request, at any time, that we stop using your information and, that we stop mailing information to you. You may continue to receive mailings on route to you for a short period of time while your suppression is being processed.
Cookies are files with small amount of data, which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a web site and stored on your computer’s hard drive. Like many sites, we use “cookies” to collect information. You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our site.
How to contact us
Unit 10, Northfield way, Newton Aycliffe, County Durham, DL5 6EJ
Email us: email@example.com
Telephone us: 01325 238019